By: Jared & Lora Stayton
This month, millions of people across the world will be setting goals for the new year.
Most of these goals will not be reached.
Behavioral change is difficult. Sustaining transformation and following-through aren’t easy for anybody. It’s no secret most New Year’s resolutions will fail, and that by January 30 most people will be doing the same things they were doing on December 31.
To get different results, you’re going to have to do things differently, so here are some tips on how to upgrade your goals as we head into 2018…
1. As recommended by countless speakers, authors and overall successful people: Word your goals as if you have already achieved them, such as “I’ve traveled to Italy”.
2. Put your subconscious to work. Most people have no idea how powerful their subconscious is. Every night before you go to bed, try “asking” your subconscious to do things. Plant an idea, a goal, or a principle you would like to learn more about, and then go to sleep.
While asleep, your subconscious begins fervently working on the request, compiling all the information it can. When you wake up, you may just find yourself able to reach peak states far easier, and that you are full of new ideas and connections. Upgrade your goals by asking your subconscious mind about them.
4. Commit to investing money on personal development and your mental health.
When you spend money on your improvement, a mental shift happens. You begin to take yourself and your growth more seriously. You have skin in the game now. You focus more on the content and your understanding of it. Success will begin to come, and enormous momentum will quickly be created.
5. Quit Messing Around and Start Committing
Life passes quickly. It’s time to stop tiptoeing around with your life and start taking yourself and your goals seriously. It’s time to let go of your old self so the new one can emerge. This can only be done with a solid foundation of commitment, dedication, and maturity. Try not to shoot for 1x or 2x goals you know you probably won’t achieve, and commit to making 1000x goals there’s no way you won’t achieve.
6. Don’t compare yourself to others. Or to their goals.
If your goals are not fully, intimately yours, you’re probably wasting your time. Allowing jealousy and comparison to be involved in your goal-setting process is like planting a seed and watering it with bleach. It’ll get choked before it even begins to grow. If you don’t create and control your environment, it will control you. To get 1000x results, you need to design your own lifestyle and goals.
We believe in taking big action and not average action. We champion unique goals that are your own and not anyone else’s. Be willing to do what no one else will, and believe that you can. Tell yourself you can.
And you will.
Happy New Years!